We are educators, mentors, working musicians.
Since 1988, we have provided community-based moments for young people to learn and play music together. Our work supports school readiness, builds leadership, and reinforces family connections - all while instilling confidence, awareness, and artistry.
We bring children together in teams of music learners and makers, to develop their minds, imagination, and community.
What We believe
- Building musicianship also builds great students and citizens.
- Our role is to provide resources and to remove barriers.
- Teachers, families, and music lovers all have vital parts to play in supporting young musicians.
- Respect and responsibility are a cycle, building itself as it revolves.
- Leaders show their strength when they support others.
- Striving for excellence together is as important as achieving it.
- We have more to offer as a team when we look and speak differently from each other.
- Our children are our community's greatest asset.
Trenton Music Makers Orchestra
The Trenton Music Makers Orchestra brings together youth from 2nd grade through high school into one community orchestra. We are inspired by the “El Sistema” vision, which promotes equity through accessible classical music education. In 2015, we started a pilot program for 3rd & 4th graders with 30 violinist. In 2018-19, we expect to engage 125 young people. Read on!
music for the very young
Music for the Very Young: Music, Movement and Literacy provides Trenton’s pre-K children with a joyful and interesting first music education experience. The program weaves music, movement and reading basics into the fabric of the preschool day, trains preschool teachers in creating a musical classroom, and engages children's families in their learning. Read on!
trenton makes - WORDS!
Trenton Makes - WORDS! is a free vocabulary program that helps to prepare children aged 0-5 for kindergarten. Sessions support engagement between children and their parents/caregivers through themes based on cultural traditions, science, music and art. All programs encourage families to use fun, easy learning activities in their everyday lives. Read on!
and for the latest news
Enjoy the most recent edition of The e-String, right here. You can also subscribe, by clicking the envelope in the bar below.